View Single Post
      12-18-2013, 01:36 AM   #51
Kung Fu English
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP MG/SO

I'd stay away from the Craftsman honestly.

I never used the C3, but I had the large 350 ft-lb impact wrench, 20V, that was the predecessor to the C3.

It worked great and the charge lasted. Which was all great until the motor stripped. It ended up stripping to where the motor would run and rev up but the wrench wouldn't move.

Contrary to popular belief, these don't actually have a warranty like craftsman hand tools. I did talk with sears and they did do a repair for free.

However, after using it for another month it happened again. I was able to finagle a return to the base Sears store. Nothing wrong with Sears customer service, actually big props to them for replacing the broken tool out of warranty! But just the hassle of it failing when I needed it was enough to move out of Craftsman.

I ended up buying the DeWalt 18v 300 ft-lb and it holds up much better. Dewalt didn't have an impact wrench in their newer Li-ion battery line, so I have the older type but it works great and will hold up well. I don't know if they ever made an impact for their new battery line or not.
Appreciate 0