Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe@trinityautosport View Post
Nice! I'll be at Buttonwillow on the 9th and hopefully I can get 2:00 flat
If you're on TD's, you will do better than 2:00. The grip is incredible. The way they can go through corners is phenomenal. However, be aware that they seem to be the fastest right when they're brand new. Three of us have had the same experience------you have fresh TD's on the car; you go out and the first couple hot laps net some incredible times; then the rest of the day you're chasing those times and never seem to get back there. So, hopefully, you'll have some open track on your first hot laps with those tires.

Also, watch the outside driver's front tire. For me, it wore faster than the edges of the rest of the tires, and I have over -3 degrees of front camber. Off-Ramp, the entry to Cotton Corners, Riverside and Sweeper are some of the most abusive turns at BW 13CW, and they all turn to the right, so the driver-side front outer edge gets hammered. After a couple sessions, I suggest switching the front tires (which means running them backwards) to share the abuse on the driver's front outside edge.

As far as size, I went 265/35/18, 295/30/18 (APEX ARC-8). Works awesome with the blower.
Appreciate 0