View Single Post
      07-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #16
SupremePower3335
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 MSport & 2018 X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PutterMcGavin View Post
Honestly the M3 has a Jekyll and Hyde personality. When I first drove one I thought it was rather pedestrian, simple, almost boring. M-DCT was in S1 and D and it just bumped along like a teenager going "Yeah, sure, whatever..." In a weird way it almost felt like I was annoying it!...I originally was underwhelmed. Then I started playing with the suspension, "power" button, and "M mode." It IMMEDIATELY changed the car, it urged to go forward and it honestly seemed the more I pushed it the more rewarding the car became. Now it felt like that underwhelmed teenager took a couple too many adderall and was ready to go! You push the car then and it is almost like "oh, so that is how you want to play it?! Fine lets go!" It pushes you more and more. Whether it is in a corner or anticipating the shift lights, it just wants more. I can't tell you how many times I've approached decreasing radius offramps, hit the M button, blipped down to 2nd or 3rd and powered through the corner smiling the whole way...when I'm through, hit the M button again and just cruise like nothing happened.
IMO it is the best split personality car out there. That is why it is loved as the "all around" sports car.
thx PutterMcGavin, that is EXACTLY the feedback I was looking for ....perhaps I just did not give it a fair shake..my lack of understanding of the settings did not help..I was just too excited..I am probably going to go back and take my time..