View Single Post
      07-16-2011, 09:41 AM   #1
IPvFletch
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Charger SRT8

Thumbs up About to pull the trigger on a used E92...

Hey folks, I'm a n00b here... I'm just coming off about a 5-year ownership of my Charger SRT8. Trust me, this is the LONGEST I've ever owned a vehicle.

Anyways, since Sept 2010 I heard about the new 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and finally the time has come for it to be released. HOWEVER, we just got word that the MSRP is about $10K North of what everyone had expected. So most of the folks who have already placed orders (myself included), are now pulling out. Well, I'm giving my dealer until Monday to show me what Invoice pricing and the Employee Discount will get me, but there's a 90% chance I will have to pass on the Jeep. I just don't feel comfortable spending $62K on a fully loaded Jeep (again that's MSRP). I feel like Jeep/SRT is GOUGING me at that price, therefore I am going to gouge them back and get a BMW just to piss them off!

Anyways, my target price is/was around $48K + tax/title/license... So I've been scouring the net over the past 24 hours or so now in search of a good plan B in case I have to pass on this Jeep. I've discovered the E92 M3 Coupe and I think that is the one. I found a bunch fo under $50K with < 30K miles, fully loaded. It seems like a steal at that price!! I really like the sleek look of the E92 and want to get the 2-door version as it looks more sporty and the taillights really blend with the body lines.

I do plan to mod/tune this and I'm wondering what kind of gains we can get from the S65B40 engine. Is it pretty use to go the FI route on these, or is it better to go NA??

Otherwise, I don't really have any other questions... I see some with the CF roof, I think that is what I would prefer (vs. a heavy sunroof that I will never use) - I know I want to get either JB or AW or IB, of course depending on which ones I find for the right price/mileage...

ps. I just spent the better part of 30 mins picking which BMW/M3 forum to join and it seems like the *post.com is the way to go (this forum). It has a TON of sub/sister sites (e.g. E90post.com) and also has more members, posts, and seems WAY more active than the others. I also really liked the stickies at the top. That tells me we have GOOD moderators!! Thanks in advance!

Last edited by IPvFletch; 07-16-2011 at 10:48 AM..
Appreciate 0