ajvee
Major
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiM3y
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvee View Post
9) The final amazing bit of news! As I was pulling away, the HMS guy flagged me down with a box of pads in his hand! Could it be??....Turns out it could....They had a set of carbo metallic performance friction race pads!!!!

10) So I hunkered down in the garage and moved the stock rear pads back to the rear and put the new ones in. Thus, $375 later, I have race pads up front and street pads in the rear! While I am eternally grateful to HMS, if only they had taken 2 minutes to check in the morning if they had the pads

All is well in the end though!
I say "props" to HMS for not totally blowing you off and going back to have another look. They may have even called in a favor to find you pads and allowing you to get something out of the day. I am guessing that they won't be flagging you down in the parking lot anytime soon in the future after reading this.
I really didn't mean for that post to come off as a slight on hms. They actually had the pads all day but didn't realize that they would fit the stoptechs I expressed it more as a frustration with the situation rather than a critique of them.
Appreciate 0