04-28-2011, 01:45 PM   #12
tHegeRm
Got Turbs?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' Lemans Blue 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@DetailAddict View Post
i've been using the Thunderbolt for a couple months now after having ATT for over a decade. I can't really compare the Thunderbolt with the Iphone4 since I've had the regular 3G for the past 2 years but the 3G network and 4G LTE is no comparision. 4G is fast as hell. I never have to use my wifi. I'm not sure how fast the 4G network is on Sprint but on Verizon it's fast.

The major fail thing about the phone is the battery life. With normal use I'll get about 4-5 hours before it dies. They came out with an extended battery recently that has about double capacity but it'll make your phone a little fatter in the back. I'm waiting for it to get back in stock and when it does I plan on getting it b/c the battery life is absolute crap with the standard battery. I was at mfest last weekend and I bought an extra standard battery to hold me over since I'd be out most of the day and I had to pop the second battery in each day.

I used to carry a charger on me just in case before I had the second battery. But other than that I'm happy with the performance of the phone and the network (minus yesterday when the 4G service was oout of service nationwide for the Thunderbolt users on verizon).

I have a usb charger at work, a home charger, and a car charger. There is a way to toggle off the 4G network to use 3G by accessing a secret menu but I don't see the point in having a 4G phone if you're going to do that. I guess if you're running at less than 10 percent battery you can turn off 4G until you can get the phone onto a charger
Also running the extended battery in my Incredible, was a must. I'm happy with it, but if you don't like your ladies with some backside it's not for you.
Appreciate 0