View Single Post
      04-27-2012, 10:40 AM   #32
mark25
Private
Rep
Drives: 59 MT Monte Carlo Edition

I think maybe I can help. I sold my 2008 R8 last week. i owned the car for 2 years and think its a fantastic car but having had my m3 for 2 weeks I still dont miss the R8. This is probably due to me using the R8 as a daily for 2 years and like any car gets boring eventually. Beware of an R8 with 25K on the clock it will be due a clutch change at about 35K which will set you back about $6K. It will probably also need new discs and pads around the same time which is another $2K. You will make this money back on the cheaper fuel costs tho....eventually lol. The V8s also dont hold there value very well now the V10 is out and resale is affected quite a lot by mileage and color. I would personally avoid buying an R8 in blue or silver as it will be harder to resell (at least in UK). If you buy it privately tho and dont plan on doing many miles you should be able to keep your loss down to a minimum like on any car tho.

The R8 gets an insane amount of attention compared to the M3 and you will constantly get people taking pictures, asking questions etc, but it does get old fast. I like the understated nature of my new M3. Performance wise there is no difference but I feel you notice the power more in the M3. If you like to mod the R8 modding game is very expensive! I am loving how cheap M3s are to mod, already ordered a full CF interior from BMW. Doing the same from Audi for the R8 would probably set me back $6K!
Appreciate 0