09-07-2008, 01:52 PM   #11
Ronin13
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, RRS Supercharged, S2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by synclastica_86 View Post
Altough there are many different opinions regarding how to break your car in properly, I'm sure that all would agree using the correct engine oil during this period is vital. But what is the perfect oil to use initially? Same say synthetic oil s a definate no no. Will the dealers give you the right oil to start with? Or is the oil added in the factory? What about after 1200 miles, what oil would I use now? What about tranmission fluid? There are so many stroies about dealers effing up the gearbox in the 1200miles service because the wrong fluid were used. Please help out!
A lot of questions. I think you are basically asking does BMW start with the "right" engine oil in the M3 and if dealers use the "right" engine oil for changes after break in? I don't think there is data for a definitive answer as the engine is new and the majority of owners use the BMW recommended Castrol 10w60. RE: trans fluid. I see you have a DCT car. Again, DCT is too new for a definitive answer, but BMW recommends not changing the fluid from the original factory fill.
Appreciate 0