View Single Post
      03-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #4
kthxbye
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 Coupe

I recently spent 4 years of school in Philly and still visit the city quite often. If you are like me (and most people on this forum) you will not want to street park. Not necessarily because your car will get stolen, but there are many careless drivers in the city who love to tap bumpers when parking.

With that said - a parking garage, private garage, or private lot will go a long way. Also consider where will you be driving to? Where will you park when there?

As far as drivability, I think you will be fine in the city 90% of the time. I just had my M there this weekend and had no issues - the roads are a bit rough (in some places more than others) and even comfort mode doesn't help you much. If you have DCT the traffic can be annoying at times, but nothing that would stop me from driving the M. The only time you may have an issue is during heavy snow (which has been rare), the city does a terrible job of cleaning and some streets would be impossible in the M.

With some more details we can hopefully help you out some more. On another note, whenever you're up here shoot me a PM. I hang out with a lot of the Philly guys. I am sure we can get a meet together and you can meet some people in the area.
Appreciate 0