View Single Post
      11-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #9
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
Yep - bullshit baffles brains, but hopefully this track will come to fruition. Its exactly what we need. What I find hard to get excited about is the changes at mosport which are at least 10 years over due. All I can see from the new group is that they dont care about casual lappers such as us. More interested in trying to sign series events (which is great as a spectator and enthusiast), but cutting back on days open to guys like us.

The new track in Fort Erie may be the same way, but hopefully they will have more of a Calabogie style atmosphere and fill the void for us lappers.
I do hope it gets built but like all the new facilities that are being built,they are not for the grassroot enthusiast.Mosport has raised the prices once again next year along with mandatory rental of the new facilities which just might drive some the track rentals elsewhere due the economics of running track days and what people will pay to be involved.Motorsport of any sort has never been inexpensive and it looks like even less so as time goes on.
Appreciate 0