12-27-2015, 10:03 AM   #59
Duckengine
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 x40i

Garage List
Can't get the pressure back after multiple bleeds

Hello all. Time to flush the Brake system and put in some new fluid. Driver rear bleed screw frozen and then broke. Tried to get it out on the bench to no avail and so bought a new caliper. Put it all back together and then using a pressure bleeder, bled all four calipers with 500 ml of new fluid. First go with pressure bleeder was air pressure only (no fluid) at about 12 psig. Took the car out for a spin and virtually no pressure but I could pump it and build pressure enough to lock up the brakes. Try bleeding again with same method as previous and a slight improvement but not much. Tried again a third time with traditional pump brake process. No improvement. Tried again with the pressure bleeder but used fluid in the pressure bleeder instead of just air as done the two previous attempts. Flushed almost an entire liter through the calipers but still have little pressure on the pedal and need to pump it to get pressure which is firm and can lock up (activate ABS) the brakes. I'm about to give up and take it in but thought I would reach out to see if there are any obvious steps or considerations I am missing. I have read this entire post and others and I'm convinced I am not doing it wrong but I do think I am missing a step not specifically described as it relates to my e92 M3. TIA to all those that reply.
Appreciate 0