Thread: 991 Porsche S
View Single Post
      02-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
AlteredBe4st
First Pride
Rep
Drives: M4

991 Porsche S

Just got back from the Porsche Dealer to look at the 2012 Porsche 991 S. I must say that it is indeed a nice looking machine; the first thing I noticed was the longer wheel base with 20'' wheels and a lower stance, less over hang in the nose and rear, the rear quarter of the 991 has a look in my opinion of the Aston from a side angle, the interior is more of a luxury look than the previous 997 sporty look and feel; Very nice interior design taken from its bigger brother the Panamera. I must say the price tag loaded is way more than I would pay for a regular Carrera S ($130K ) but with 0-60 and quarter mile time .1 second off from a 996 turbo that commendable for a NA 3.8 motor. Any way overall very nice vehicle and can't wait for the 991 turbo.

I then decided to take a look at the Mercedes C63 AMG and I think Mercedes could have done a much better job of the design especially the rear, quarter panel back it's just not aggressive at all for an AMG only thing I liked about the vehicle was the motor but that alone did not win me over. Overall very bland interior and exterior styling.

Last edited by AlteredBe4st; 02-10-2012 at 02:48 PM..
Appreciate 0