View Single Post
      02-16-2010, 02:16 AM   #94
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

i never said it didn't have a dip i just said i don't feel it. the other guy mentioned that other people with different systems come on and post how they feel the dip etc. i was just saying that i don't feel mine so there is another system out there where you don't feel it.

also the dip on mine is in a different spot then on the akra. mine is btw 6600-7200.

also my full system is 38hp gain and 34tq gain over stock. that would be the Dinan Midpipe, Dinan Rear Muffler and Dinan software for the midpipe. the extra power is awesome as well as the reduced weight and amazing sound

the akra is beautiful yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
I think what you meant to say is that you will never "feel" the dip!

You have the dip like everyone else but it is so insignificant you can't notice it without putting the car on a dyno.

The Akrapovic Evolution that Turner sells is exactly the same as the one you and me and everyone else has.

You have the same dip as every other aftermarket mid section with a cat delete or HFC's..... like I said above it is so minor that you can't feel it. If you had a baseline dyno and then another dyno run with your Dinan Midpipe you would see this dip everyone is talking about. The dip which lasts for Approximately 500RPM is a small price to pay for the steady 20+Hp and 20+Lb/Ft improvement all the way from 3000RPM right to 8400RPM.

Power wise your full Dinan Exhaust makes pretty well the exact same #'s as the Akrapovic system.... it isn't as pretty, light or expensive but is 100% as functional!
Appreciate 0