View Single Post
      02-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #49
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSanto View Post
I still think the transmission is a major flaw in this car.
The tires are a joke for a car with this much power. 235 fronts/255 rears.
It is still very nice.

I wish BMW made a proper "special edition". Whats up BMW?
For those of us (meaning nearly all of us) who think the standard sneakers on the C63 are undersized, Mercedes has provided for us - by thoughtfully making the rear tires go bald in about 4K miles.

Then you can put a set of Pilot Super Sports on the car, easily going to 275s out back, with 245 fronts. Traction problems not 100% solved, but WAY more manageable than before, and cornering improved as well.

I like(d) the PS2, but the PSS is a major leap forward. Hell, when my son got back from Afghanistan, retrieved his car from us, and drove back home to Texas, he sent me a two-word note, with a picture of a pair of black wavy lines on pavement stretching out for around 200 feet or so. The two words?

"Posi works."

Even with these shenanigans, the rears went over 10K miles, which is almost respectable. No issues with that "bulgy" sidewall look you can get when going oversize on tires with standard rims, either.

Bruce

PS - Posi was a Quaife, which I am impressed with. Also had one from the factory in my last track car (an SRT4), and it worked really well in that vehicle as well.
Appreciate 0