01-08-2014, 10:05 PM   #12
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by druu View Post
honestly speaking, if you are looking to get very good video, you will likely need a significant investment in stablization gear and lighting (not to discourage you from buying a nice camera). But a decent camera body + nice glass + stabilization + lighting is easily a 3-5k initial investment.

The video there looked hand held with a zoom (possibly a 24-105L which is about 8-900 bucks, commonly kitted with a 5dii)

If you are looking for good car video, you will do much, much better with a go pro and a mount, given your price range.

A 7D is an excellent camera, and I use it as one of my backup bodies, at this point they are a good value. If money is an object though and you wanted to go canon, i would get an older rebel body (perhaps t3i), used if possible and put the rest toward a decent lens. The used market is excellent with canon gear, and lenses are at good prices when bought used, especially when you consider that most people take good care of their gear.
I agree.

The t3i won't hold you back for quite some time. A sound investment bought used or new. Pair that with a 24-105L and you'll be golden for quite some time. Maybe pick up a 10-22 lens as well. Got two great lenses, good camera body, all for about $1700 new.