05-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #6
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3V8Driver View Post
I personally don't let my tank be full. As soon as I drive away from the pump after a fill-up, it is no longer full

Seriously though, 1/4 tank with a 65 mile range is ridiculously early. I always thought my Mazda's wa early when it came on with a 50 mile range. At least it never forced a change in display information. It was merely a separate/indiependent warning.

That said, I would be skeptical and leery about letting somebody reprogram the ECU remotely. I would prefer to go to a reputable tuner who might as well take care of a few other nuances while they're at it
yeah its annoying but keep in mind if your drive hard you can use up that 1/4 tank in a few minutes no problem. Check out BPMsport (Mike knows his stuff and i'm trusting him to tune my car which i love) and the coding they offer. The gas tank issue is one of many little tweaks you can make because the charge a flat rate do do it so might as well get everything including Euro MDM which is nice if you like to get a little sideways without turning DSC fully off.

Seems like as soon as I moved out of PGH after an 11 yr stay now all these other BMW guys are poping up everywhere in that area!

Last edited by lsmkr01; 05-09-2013 at 10:11 AM..
Appreciate 0