08-21-2012, 02:13 PM   #35
rhouck
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspita View Post
What pad are you running in the rear, and also I assume you are running stainless steel lines? Thinking of finally upgrading the crap stock pads and moving to pagids with ss lines and leaving them in for daily/track how you have it.
Same pad, front and rear.

And no, stock brake lines. I have run them on different vehicles before, just not convinced they were worth the cost (not really the lines themselves as much as the associated labor) for any limited benefit. Plus they have their own potential reliability issues.

I will add that I am leaving in them because I am not experiencing any obnoxious noise after bedding them in. However, I imagine there is the potential for the pads to eventually start becoming noisy again if too much time passes without hard braking (i.e., the track). I average 1-2 times a month so I only go about 2-3 weeks at a time with normal street driving. In that time frame, no noise issues crop up.

Just a heads up since I don't know how often you go -- this may not be the best setup for a twice-a-year track enthusiast, but every 1-2 months would likely make it worth it
2009 Honda S2000 -- 1:59.726 Buttonwillow 13CW (N/A, OEM Aero, RS3); 1:55.792 Buttonwillow 13CW (S/C, aero, RS3)
2008 BMW e92 M3, 6MT, MR/FR, NT-03+M 18x10, JIC Coilovers
2007 Yamaha R6
M-drive retrofit! http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=676825
Appreciate 0