Alex07M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFish View Post
This I found interesting....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

M3 SC against a bunch of GTRs, and 997TTs all modded.

Suffice to say, the M3 SC is just as fast... with all the creature comforts and room we have come to love from a 3 series.

Resale, or scrap value (in the case of an accident) would be the issue on modding ANY car. I am getting next to nothing for the mods I have done to the 335, in fact it is harder to sell because everyone things you drove the nuts off it, and you typically do - which is why you did it.

Anyway, lots to think about when you are putting this kind of cash out.

I think back to why I did the 335 upgrades and it was for M3 or better performance, for less than the M3 price. It certainly did that in a straight line.

If I am modding a M3 to a GTR or 997TT performance level - what do you lose?

1) Resale - as I mentioned.
2) what about insurance? You have to tell your insurance company of the mods - right? What hit do you have on that?
3) Any other ones?

GTR - 0 to 60 is just unmatched though with the 4 wheel drive. Pulling out of corners with WOT, I bet this is unmatched too. Pulling out in front of traffic would be something else in the GTR, blink, your speeding.

I would think it would come down to
1) M3 - SC
2) GTR - slight mods (I need to check out the space inside that car).

Loving the discussion everyone - thanks for the replies.
In the end, the GT-R and the M3 are so different you should just go with the package you prefer while knowing that the M3 could be modded to be as fast as the GT-R for not a lot of money, also you should remember that it's not always the fastest car that is the most fun to drive, specially in the streets! For me, manuel tranny and RWD are 2 key elements that make me like my M3 that much, also IMO drifting is probably the most fun you can have with a car and that I do everyday and finally earing that V8 is just addictive, the only thing I founded missing with my car is a bit of power and for that ESS has the perfect solution!
Appreciate 0