View Single Post
      08-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #5
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let It Rein View Post
Had this happen this week as well. If it is the throttle body actuator then the part is almost $800, but it can be a DIY. I have 400 miles of warranty left and an appt Monday to get it replaced.
Wow, with 400 miles left? You got lucky. I'm assuming they are probably just going to do 1 side right? From everything I've read, the other bank is just a ticking time bomb unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamdan View Post
Please do as DIY since just as you I do all the work on my car cause BMW is just charging ridiculus money here in Sweden.( and I do trust my self better than them)
They wanted 650$ to change the sparkplugs and I did them on my own for 150$ and took just an hour. So beats me why they are charging 650$ for doing this job :-(.
I'll be glad to do a DIY, but I might need a little help first. I saw some members on here were getting billed (under warranty) for thousands of dollars and that just doesn't make any sense. People are doing the job in 3-5 hours, while BMW is calling it an 8.5 hour job for the V10's.

Can anyone help me find the TIS for this job? Something to guide me in the right direction? I think while I'm in there, I might as well change the sparkplugs and do the air filter.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0