View Single Post
      01-13-2014, 11:08 AM   #1
BlackBMiLuc
Pavement Operator
Rep
Drives: none

Offered a trade and now debating...

My car: 2012 BMW 135i M-Sport (18,000 miles)
-pretty much all the options included
-extras: KW V2 coilovers, Window Tints, BMS Intake, Black Kidney Grills, VMR V710, Michelin PSS

The trade: 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Limited Edition (12,000 miles)
-stock with standard features plus the limited edition ones (leather seats, front heated seats, SPT exhaust)

I've already been playing around with the idea in the past of selling my 135i as much as I love the car. In all honesty, I wish I had waited just a few more months to grab a hold of an M (literally ordered my 135 3-4 months prior to release of the 1M). Have tried looking and seeing what I can do as far as finding and/or trading for a 1M but the prices they're asking for it now as opposed to what I could have bought it new exceed what I can and am willing to invest into one. So putting that idea aside I contemplated modding. However, modding is of course pricey with no end return and kills me to think of spoiling my warranty. This subaru came up and has been swaying my head back and forth with pushing for a trade or not. I've had 3 subaru's already in the past. (2001 subaru rs, moderately modded 2007 subaru sti, and then a heavily modded 2007 sti). So I'm aware of the obvious differences from the feel to the reliability. Not looking to get into a money pit, however, with either I would like to modify moderately in the 400hp area eventually would be enough. My main turmoil is choosing between the fun factor of the subaru's raw driving feel and practicability (my garage door would be opening a lot more than it is presently) vs the bmw comfort and class. I feel like I have some bug to switch it up every few years which I want to try and put a hold on for a while after making this final decision with either. I know many would see it as a downgrade, but everyone has their own taste. I see the trade as being really even in this particular case. I do prefer the awd but I'm learning with rwd. I'd appreciate any input you guys may have for this scenario to help me think of anything I'm missing before deciding. And right now I'm right in the middle of the fence.