Thread: E92 M3 Steering
View Single Post
      02-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #12
BigAl
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Ok, here we are again, but this time with a bit of a smile on my face. Today I went down to the local wheel & tyre shop and took off my 19" VMR's, put back on my standard 19" alloys and put a fresh set of 245x30x19 on the front and 275x30x19 on the rear, all wheels balanced again obviously and wait for it....................problem solved!!! WTF as they say!

I have no real idea why this has happened but am very Very happy I have my M3 back to how it used to perform, it was driving me crazy. Its cost alot of money but hey, thats the way it goes I guess. The strange thing was the tyre shop checked each wheel as they came off for balance and they were spot on. I have no idea other than our cars are super sensitive in their set up and for some reason mine was playing up on that wheel/tyre configuration.

I was going to invest in a nice shiney new set of 19" Avant Guard M359's coz I love the look of the competition wheel but not so sure now.

So I guess to anyone out there reading this its a word just to say be carefull of what wheel/tyre config you go for, it could end up messing up your pride and joy, not to mention your mind and wallet.

Thanks to those who took an interest last week with their advice, it was greatly appreciated.

Al
Appreciate 0