View Single Post
      04-20-2009, 11:05 AM   #57
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Footie, yes, the Ring seems like a really special place and the external parameters can vary significantly based on what I read (not that I've been there or anything). But whatever is affecting the GTR is also affecting the other cars. What's so special about the GTR that it can cope with that variation better than the other cars? OK, so it has a sophisticated AWD system, but some people are talking about this car's AWD drivetrain as if it is the first ever AWD system produced by any car company. Yes, it can send torque here and there at will, but so can some other cars such as the R8, right (correct me if I have that wrong), which also has the advantage of a mid-engine layout? And why would that magical system not give it the same kind of edge on other tracks? I just can't buy the Ring is so much different and the AWD system of the GTR only shines at the Ring argument. If Nissan is serious about laying all this to rest, they should be open to power certification of their test car. They should challenge Porsche to do the same.