07-08-2013, 09:40 AM   #15
Sleeper519
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by surlynkid View Post
they don't get it right because it is too much work. the guy that does my alignments lets me sit in it the car and keep it straight and turn it back and forth while he adjusts things on the rack. also helps me get a better alignment as the weight of me in the car changes the camber/toe.
My guy lets me sit in the car too, love it. gets the steering wheel and weight just right while I shoot the shit with him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mid-corner fun View Post
thanks guys, will mark the current tie-rod position and on the next alignment I'll mark a track setting too. For now I settled at -2.0 on all 4 corners which may not be bad with the Direzza IIs anyway. Hoping the splice issue goes away on the NT01s so I can go back to them later this year, with more neg camber.
I went thru all these shenanigans too. We decided on a static camber setting (-2.5F, -2.0R) for both street and track, but I still change the toe at trackside . Street setting is 1/16" IN for drivability, and track setting is 1/16" OUT for better turn in response. It's a simple 60 second change when I'm putting on the track wheels, and it truly doesn't change the steering wheel enough for me to even notice. So far my street tires are wearing evenly and the temps across the track tires are fairly uniform.

2008 M3 Coupe / DCT // StopTech BBK 380/355 / Pagid RS29 / Motul / Apex Arc-8 / BFG R1S / Ground Control / MS filter / Performance spoiler / BPM tune // Road Atlanta 1:39.70 / VIR Full 2:10.87 / Barber 1:42.20
Appreciate 0