04-09-2011, 10:39 AM   #75
Cabinetman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 GMC Sierra

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheherazade View Post
It's too expensive and too fast to carry 'inadequacy stigma', even if it is 'not german'.

As far as the 'I'm driving a kids (sports/gt) car' stigma, I found that to be a personal problem.
I thought the 3 series would be more 'professional' than my evo... turns out no one could give a rats ass what I drive - so that thought went out the door. I went back to driving what I like driving (fun stuff).

-scheherazade
I completely agree. I have found that even guys in my demo (35-45) like and respect the GT-R. As an example, today I drove by a buddies house and he was out in the lawn talking to his neighbor. I didn't stop at this time as I was in a hurry to get to the bank before it closed. When I came back by I stopped to talk to my friend and he told me that his neighbor went nuts because a GT-R had just driven past his house. He was telling my buddy how awesome the car is and couldn't believe that he had a friend with a GT-R. This guy is just your average generic early 40s white dude.

Regardless of what your peers think when it comes to spending this kind of money you should get what you want. I've had Porsches, BMWs, Lexus, etc... and never really found that I was impressing people that really matter with what I was driving.
Appreciate 0