View Single Post
      10-20-2011, 11:47 PM   #9
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by stega View Post
I just recently purchased the extended rear spring height adjuster from HPA to replace the KW one upon install of my KW CS. It had allowed me to raise the rear of the car significantly heigher than the KW adjuster will allow, not only that it is also lighter too. The thrust sheets/bearings also help with making adjustments a bit smoother.

I would highly reccomend this product for people who want more adjustment when corner balancing the car and for Driving in general.
This may be deleted again by pro KW moderators...but here goes!

I was trying to show the not so ideal of the KW stack(if that is indeed how they should be). The KW main spring is has too short of a static height thus limiting the amount of usable stroke available. The helper isn't really doing much as it is fully compressed even with suspension at full droop. Perhaps they should just use a very tall spacer?

I will attemp to post another photo here with the more "correct" way to stack and the affective use of main and helpers. This particular stacking also allows you to change your rear springs quickly at home, shop or track should the need arise without dropping the lower camber link.

This setup also reduces some of the spring rate spiking plaguing this chassis.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0