Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylePoints View Post
I got an '08. I have been bugging my local dealer to do the update forever and they wouldnt do it. Ive complained about everything you can imagine with no luck. So finally i went to my service adviser and told him look, my car dynod at 320hp - my car is weak! All the 11s and 12 dyno 350hp+. Slipped him $60 and he said ok ill ipdate it for you.

Got my car back today, yes the dct shiftig feels slightly different. Seems theres a slight lag from when you press the peddle to the actual shift, but when it does shift- it seems to shifter hardwr/faster. The car feels like its got a little more torque on the low end but i cant tell untill i go back on the dyno.

The biggest surprise? My edc is stiffer now on full sport + setting. This is something i have bot read about on the forums so it was a total shock to me driving home. But man i am loving sport mode right now. Feels like i got new shocks all around!!
Haha - actually not a bad idea to slip the service writer some cash..

I have always tipped my guy when I receive great service. Just a token of appreciation.

I'm not surprised about the EDC change. When my car was updated awhile back it was obvious to me that some line pressures were changed in the braking system, and the brakes felt much firmer and had a better feel.

So updates do sometimes address a few things that normally go unnoticed.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0