View Single Post
      05-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #15
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep
Drives: X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dondula
Just keep in mind, the beta link doesn't dry instantly so take your time.. It's okay if it gets everywhere, just clean the excess up with the betalink remover that comes with the glue kit.. use the plastic scraper to scrape the edges of the spoiler to really clean all the glue that gushes out from the spoiler edges.. Use painters tape to secure the spoiler down firm after you finish clean up.. after you secure the spoiler with painters tape, then without touching the spoiler, just go along and give it some more clean up of excess glue. like I said, take your time, don't be in a hurry, you have plenty of time before the glue dries.
you can even slide the spoiler a touch if it is not 100% inline. But once this stuff dries, the spoiler is there forever. so make sure you get it right, otherwise, better off just letting BMW do the install for a couple hundred. infact, even tho I know how to do the install and mine came out perfect, I would never go through this again on my next m3/m4... too much BS with cleaning off, removing old glue and spoiler, then re-installing the new.. if you like this sort of thing then go for it.

also, don't go in car washes again if you're doing CF spoiler.. touch less washes only.
Thanks for that write up. It's like the ultimate guide to betalink thread
Eisenmann race | Test Pipes | BPM Stage 2 | Vorsteiner | Black lines | AA filter | iND cosmetics | KW Sleeve over | 20" BBS LM's | Macht Schnell Tow Strap | Euro modded front bumper | Revinora lip | iND mirror caps | BMW spoiler | BMW Steering wheel | iND Interior Pkg |You bet Jerez its black and i'll never go back! Instagram @NATIBEASTCAT
Appreciate 0