View Single Post
      09-27-2013, 04:50 PM   #23
66BM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ML63 AMG, E92 M3, E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mid-corner fun View Post
Several valid points above about instructor to student and instructor2instructor communication, instructors have to do their best to manage the current situation.

However, it's the responsibility of each registrar to not overbook any particular event. Some traffic is expected, especially in the lower groups, but what I see on that video is unacceptable (to me) and would not run with an organization that overbooks its events. The spacing numbers are clear and well known for a track like this.

At the end of day we all spend $$ to go to the track and the organizers have to do their best to provide maximum track time (& education where applicable), that is usable track time, not traffic/parade lap time. I would encourage everyone to explore different clubs and see how they deal with run groups and maximize track time
A few more points. there are rules and regulations that limit the total number of cars allowed on track at any given time. From the video having that amount cars in front of you is not a lot of traffic. While it may have looked like a parade lap, as other instructors have mentioned, pull into the pits let the traffic pass then get back on track. Being that this was a lower level run group, there is traffic to be expected. Most full run groups can have up to 30 cars, that was 10ish. I also recommend students try other clubs. As I instruct for NASA, BMW, Porsche, SCCA and Audi, they all have their challenges, all have traffic management requirements and IMHO BMW has been the most well organized from a student / instructor point of view. Maybe it's because I average 50-60 days a year but I tend to see a lot from a lot of clubs. All good, all with different issues.

Last edited by 66BM; 10-08-2013 at 03:58 PM..
Appreciate 0