View Single Post
      07-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #241
simianspeedster
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 840i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
I am a 1M owner and a former 258 ps Euro specific N52 engined E90 330i owner and I know what you are talking about very well and totally respect your preferences. I still believe that you should give yourself a chance to drive a 1M first, if you could, and you may change some of those impressions. I would never rate the 1M as a great car if it wouldn't have such a big NA under the bonnet feeling most of the times and when you want it to be more, it has more too. Still, I agree with your OP totally and that Z4 3.0i coupe was really one of the best BMWs.
Don't get me wrong -- the 1M is an incredible car and a future classic. I'm not saying otherwise. Had I been in the market for a new car when it was briefly available, there's a chance I'd have one today. For my tastes, however, it wasn't enough for me to break a new lease. Maybe if it had an NA engine.

I think the 1M is the most focused car BMW has built in years, so it gives me hope that they're not just slapping M badges on everything for no good reason. Still, what I'd really like to see is the M Division develop a sports car on its own chassis (something like a Cayman).
Appreciate 0