07-11-2012, 10:03 AM   #230
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
As long as they keep making purist cars within the ///M brand, who cares if there is an X6 or X5 M car. They have to keep with the times and give consumers what they want and be in touch with technology and what competitors are doing.... I only hope that the MT lives on though in the M brand, looks to be dying. Perhaps the 1M and E46/9x M3's are the last MT's
I agree with what you're saying, but what purist cars has //M made lately that we can get? They said this Lime Rock Edition is track oriented, but there's NOTHING special about the car other than the $5,000 paint job, which is getting old already since many have already done it. I haven't seen interior pics, but I'm hoping they at least get the $3,200 orange stitching.
It's not like BMW hasn't done the engineering on the BBK and coilover suspension already. Come on BMW, throw us a bone in the US with something with true performance improvements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1'M Blue View Post
blah blah blah

No other car in the segments of the competition will steer / turn / feel /drive like a BMW M . and thats all that matters. The new M5 is a boat but what did reviews and comparo's all mentioned and said ? nothing new to Mpower cars. You can add as much weight and power to a car but its all to do with its chassis dynamics and how the car reacts to the driver ... not something the "competition" has but only masterd by BMW M.
Don't know what you've been reading, but they ALL say the steering SUCKS BALLZ on the F10 M5.
And as good as the steering feels on an //M car, try a 911- WOW. Directly connected to the road.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0