03-22-2012, 02:02 PM   #13
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWNTHZST View Post
I agree for such a high tech feature why isn't it BT ready No e-mail and no BT I guess this = no good to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
Reading email and SMS on iDrive is supported only by BlackBerries because RIM developed a custom Bluetooth profile to allow this data to be transmitted. Apple doesn't support it, so it's Apple's fault, not BMW's.

OP, I don't find Connected to be that helpful myself. Last mile navigation might come in handy depending on where you are, and Web radio I'm told is nice. However, I do enjoy BMW Apps for the Pandora control -- although I find myself just using BT audio streaming on shorter trips in the car out of laziness. Doesn't allow you to navigate your library (only next/previous song, also due to a feature that iDrive supports but Apple doesn't), but it works well enough.
From what I've read, Blackberry has some exclusive contract with BMW over the email. Don't now when it expires.
I just wish they made an app for Spotify. They have MOG already, which is pretty similar, but Spotify seem to have a larger library.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0