opie
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Audi R8 4.2

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHat View Post
One doesn't have to hate ANY other car to appreciate his own. I hope you really enjoy that R8 and wish you well.

I think the R8 is an awesome looking car and in the "super car" category as I assess it. I'll say this about the M3 though, whenever I see a comparison where it loses, I can't help but think it's still very practical and doesn't lose by much, especially when factoring in the price.
THIS.

I loved my M5s, M3 and the various MB cars including an SLK55 AMG I have had but the R8 is simply the best sports car I have ever owned for MY purposes. I'm debating a 335 sedan or possibly something more utilitarian for grocery run/winter driving purposes but haven't settled on it yet.

For those who have an inferiority complex about their cars, get a life.

For those who are car enthusiasts (which is what I appreciated about this forum by the way) thank you for your congratulations. I hope to keep learning about cars and the latest in the BMW world on here from you guys.

Just because I don't have an M3 now doesn't mean I won't get one again in the future as the car evolves.
Appreciate 0