06-19-2013, 08:07 PM   #13
M3_FJ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by S65 View Post
This is what your interior guy told me. I am no expert so I asked. He said there should be a foam padding behind it. That's the higher grade one that lasts longer. The one that runs for what you paid for it. The lower grade has no padding. He says it wears out faster and fades faster. He quoted me $500 for the headliner, visors, pillars, front and back door paneling. Sorry for the hassle, but your item was not properly advertised or you just paid too much for it and you didn't know.
This is ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE!!! No one puts padding under any suede whether it be alcantara or not on a damn headliner and pillars! Good luck getting it to fit properly in the car. Whoever is telling you this bro is seriously just taking you for a ride. Get some more quotes man I assure you OP is not jerking you nor did he get jerked. Ever hear the saying "you get what you pay for" OP's price is super good. If I were local I'd trade in a minute if mine wasn't already done. A "quality" job is going to run $1,000+ for headliner and all pillars. OP your price is on point man.