View Single Post
      06-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #12
gnhm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 / F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by S65 View Post
This is what your interior guy told me. I am no expert so I asked. He said there should be a foam padding behind it. That's the higher grade one that lasts longer. The one that runs for what you paid for it. The lower grade has no padding. He says it wears out faster and fades faster. He quoted me $500 for the headliner, visors, pillars, front and back door paneling. Sorry for the hassle, but your item was not properly advertised or you just paid too much for it and you didn't know.
First of all, he's not my interior guy. He has never seen my suede or anything. It's obvious he just tried to pull a fast one on you and try to do the job himself. I started a thread almost 3 years ago about doing my 335i with the same suede. That car was sold to a friend and the headliner still looks brand new with no fading.

Don't forget that guy you went to is performing in a little shack out of Van Nuys. I wouldn't trust him to actually upholster my car. $500 to wrap a headliner and pillars? You will definitely get what you pay for.

You made me take the day off from work and cancelled last second. Then you have the audacity to come here and bash my product when you have never even seen it. You are going off the word of some guy who is running a cheap upholstery shop and he has never even seen it.

You wasted my whole day and are a sad excuse for a human being if you ask me.