View Single Post
      09-26-2009, 07:35 AM   #20
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Yes, a couple 32nds should not matter as much, and that is actually what is odd since it is not as if you had 7/32" fronts and 2/32" rears or anything. You had a difference of just 2/32" between F/R as far as I can tell from your OP (you said your OEM PS2s were at 1/8" with one at 1/16"), so how such a small difference results in such unbalanced F/R grip is the interesting part. It is possible that something does change drastically beyond 2/32" with the PS2s and there is a significant loss of grip. I didn't experience that, but my case was somewhat different in that sense that my fronts were worn out (and eventually destroyed) well before my rears, so I should have experienced severe understeer.

But then, you said in post 17 that the fronts are 1/4" away from the wear bars. That would put the fronts at 10/32", which is literally brand new, so I am confused here. How did you wear the rears down to the bars while keeping the fronts at full tread? Did you install new fronts?

Well, let us know what you find out with my PS2s either way. I have a set of PSC+s that have slightly differrent wear F/R. The fronts are at 2/32" and the rears are at 3/32"-4/32". I will eventually take them back to the track on the stock wheels and drive them until they are dead. I will let you know how they behave although they are not PS2s, but they are not full out r-compound tires either.
Appreciate 0