View Single Post
      11-20-2010, 01:29 AM   #25
dawheat
Rep
Drives: 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
And I respectfully disagree. I've been reading his recent articles in Car & Driver and I think he's slipping. (But that's not why I disagree).

You're headed in the right direction with the adjustable shocks. IMO it also needs more/better tire, a better auto transmission, a standard limited slip and the choice of a manual transmission. And hopefully they would retune the suspension to make it change direction better in hard driving, like the M3 manages (not sure what's involved here - roll centers maybe? is it a track issue?).

It would steal quite a number of M3 sales that way. There is absolutely zero rationale for Mercedes not providing these, other than being smugly pig-headed and conservative about certain things.
Besides the fact that many people already consider the current C63 more fun to drive than the M3 - not nearly as technically competent a car, but lots of fun if you're not trying to set an absolute fast lap.

There are other aspects of "better" and the many satisfied C63 owners support that.

And of course they're focusing on the motor - it's a beast. But if MB improves the rest of the car as significantly as they did the current C63 from the previous gen, every other aspect of the car you highlighted will take a noticeable step forward.
Appreciate 0