11-11-2009, 04:37 PM   #30
JMD0977
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 GT3 and ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optherion View Post
How is your DCT handling the stroker?

Put urself in my shoes. I got out of the Nissan GT-R because basically modding it left you with no warranty and the DCT trans were known to possibly have issues. There was a lot of scare non the less. Well, 9 months later I have the M3 also with a Dual Clutch trans haha. I know the DCT is not cheap to rebuild. If I destroy it with the stroker or supercharger that will be unfortunate.
I always drove MT cars before, but I cannot imagine the M3 without DCT; especially with the stroker. I drive it on S6 mode 99% of the time, and with the extra power and torque...its just amazing and fast. And so much more convinient in heavy highway traffic. Recently, the more I drive it the less I want to sell it, but you already know what Im getting

Ive never had one single issue with the DCT trans. I also have not heard of one single DCT mechanical faliure. The have been some failures related to dealers putting MT fluid @ the 1200 mile service before. There were known issues with the software, when it was first released but all have been corrected, AFAIK, since I dont have any.

The DCT is supposedly rated at 440-445 lbs of torque. Stay below that and you'll be fine.

410 is a good number...
Appreciate 0