Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8MAN View Post
So I am getting ready to purchase my E92 M3 next week , I am looking at some mods right of the bat: Huper tints, VentureS protection, still deciding if I should put a Vorsteiner VRS Carbon Fiber Aero Deck Lid Spoiler or not, anyway....

The one last mod that I am thinking of for now is the EVO3 UUC SS, now this will cost about $400 installed and in searching the forum there is just not a lot of feedback on SS's for these cars, some are doing it but many also say that the shifters on these cars are just fine and that BMW did a great job with it.
I have never driven a car with one, but have always heard is not a bad mod to have on a performance oriented car.

What do you guys think, am I better off spending the ~$400 on a different mod?
I've had two BMWs, both with SSKs. Best mod for the buck, hands-down. I had a UUC shifter on my E46 M3 and a BMW Performance shifter on my 335 - both greatly reduced the throw distance and reduced slop. The action will become slightly notchier, but I actually like that. Add a weighted shift knob and you're in heaven. I think a lot of people who dislike the notchiness of SSKs are using the stock knob, which is not beefy enough and requires more effort for the driver to move the shifter through the gates. Some are concerned with possible tranny wear issues presented by weighted knobs, but it has never been an issue for me. I highly recommend trying the UUC kit with one of their weighted shift knobs
Appreciate 0