11-27-2009, 08:33 PM   #22
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82tt6 View Post
Audi's pricing is generally more competetive...

Borrowing a car is a different story. Try a private bank?

The idea of leasing doesn't make sense to me though, I can't see why someone would do it unless they wanted to drive a car they couldn't afford. You pay monthly to use something you don't own, ans have nothing to show for it at the end... Financing or buying just makes much more sense IMHO.
Why would you want to buy something that depreciates in value more than 50% in a few years. Think of it as a house. If you knew that the $500,000 house you bought was going to be worth $250,000 in 5 years, would you still buy it and make such high payments or would you pay rent and live a lot more conformably.

To me leasing is the smarter choice since you get to drive a new car every few years and pay considerably less than buying. Obviously you don't keep the car at the end, but most people sell their cars with payments still remaining so why not pay less. Now with that said, if you're an absolute car nut and must tune all your cars, then buying would be a better choice since you're gonna spend so much money on it.

Appreciate 0