05-26-2011, 08:44 PM   #47
Never-Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovensail View Post
Just days after I bought my 07 335i, the hpfp failed. I was given a new Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 3.8 r-spec to drive while being repaired. My wife hates the BMW brand because of a few previous issues with an e90 and she had not had an opportunity to ride in the new whip, when I picked her up at the airport in the aforementioned Hyundai. Her exact words:
1) "Wow, I thought you said you bought another bimmer, but this isn't a bimmer?!?"
2) "So this car goes faster than yours, but I hope yours isn't this loud on the interstate, is it?"
3) "This car just feels cheaper than my Altima, I'm not sure I want a Hyundai at any point in my life, if they are all this way..."
The car didn't bother me, per se, but I just kind of wanted my car back. It certainly does the job of getting someone from point A to point B, and there was nothing horribly wrong with it, but it's just not going to be the car of my choice...

As a post script, the guy that I bought my 335 from, had just himself purchased an identical HGC 3.8 to replace the bimmer, so I'm sure there are reasons for the switch.
-Chip
Your wife is wrong. The 335i is faster.
Appreciate 0