Thread: Winter wheels?
View Single Post
      07-19-2008, 08:29 AM   #23
darkalley
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Gone- 08 DCT SSII, 2006 SMG
Location: Current: 2014 BMW 4-Series Convert for the fiance w M Package, F150, 06 S2000, 08 911 c4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFP View Post
I got mine from **********s. They are mounted and ready to go just waiting for me to pick up. Havent got my car yet...currently out of town for business and will be picking the car up for delivery on friday. Once I do, I'll post pics. I got the wheels sent directly to dealer so I could pick er up with the new look right from the jump. One change I made was I went with a wider tire on the back, 275's instead of the stock 265 and can't wait to see the setup in person. Supposedly they are prebalanced and have the TPMS already installed so hopefully no issues will arise when I drive 'er away. I'll let you know. My CA has let me know though, that since the wheels were mounted, the car has had gotten a ton of looks and more reactions than "anything else they have ever had at the dealership!" Can't take the waiting game... It's killing me.

Is the main ingredient in those rims still butter??? Toast after one winter. I may have just gotten a bum set but mine required like 9 pounds of lead to balance them out of the box. Since they were winter rims I just sucked it up.