Rep
Drives: F10 Dinan Stage 2 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3DCTBT View Post
SAME PROBLEM HERE.

I do have problems with my kits not sealing and letting in unfiltered air:

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

There is a gap where you can't create a seal. The full system by itself HUGE and barely fits when you put it on, so you must be careful, the airbox pin is a pain but do-able. I need some assistance with a new elbow as mine appears to be warped and sucking in unfiltered air to the motor.

Performance: I'm usually really sensitive to this, I can't really tell the difference. I was easily impressed by gains with: cat delete, pulleys, tune. I never noticed rear muffler or the MS Stage 2. Slightly better on/off throttle response. I'm not sold on it yet for $499, until I get some time on the dyno. My car gets 402-403whp regularly on a fat AFR tune, with the previous setup.

Sound: Sound is minimal. I had RPi Scoops/MS filter prior. Hard to notice anything. The rattle is gone, a slightly deeper hum and growl is there on WOT. After 1 day I was used to it and couldnt hear it anymore. The noise really blend in with the exhaust.

Tom/MS please help us out. I feel like this is like my AiB V1 fiasco all over again with beta parts.
I had the exact same problem, i swapped it out for a MS drop in filter. I have to say EAS was really good to me, was impressed with their service on this issue.
Appreciate 0