View Single Post
      01-08-2009, 09:37 PM   #45
Gary_C
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Anything with Brembo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by consolidated View Post
, It's hard not to cross thread the adapter. I have a Brembo BBK on my Cayman S and the adapter threads are getting worn to the point of replacement after 8 months of use.
It's not that easy to cross thread a bracket either.
Just like any steel bolt going into an aluminum fixture, if you start the first 2-3 rotations by hand, maintain proper torque specifications, and do not use loctite or let anything else congest the threads, the brackets will last the lifetime of the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml
You know how much one of the those darn Brembo caliper brackets cost if you hose up the threads? You don't want to know. Lets just say I seriously considered having a new one fabed instead of buying one - it would have been much cheaper.
Brackets range between $150 - $195.
They are aircraft aluminum, machined to exacting tolerances, and laser etched with a part # to identify each item, and a serial # for quality control purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by consolidated
One more R&R and I need to toss'm. I wish they were steel, came with studs or we just more durable.
For those who find difficulty in properly aligning the caliper and mounting bolts, we do sell a stainless steel stud set w/ jet nuts. The jet nuts are a one time use item and need to be replace after each removal. We do provide this as a convenience option for the monobloc systems but it was just not justifiable cost wise to include in every application.
Appreciate 0