View Single Post
      02-03-2013, 11:27 PM   #13
SP33DRCR
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by smmmurf View Post
Cool video. You can definitely get on the gas sooner in some corners like t3 and carry more speed in t6. Randy pobst did a 1:42.96 in a stock DCT car and I was able to do a 1:45.1 on LS completely stock down to the PS2s and oem brake pads,6mt with a wet t2 and t4.

I also had major brake problems but I was on oem pads which are notoriously not up to the task of track use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
1.45 is a great time. I just ran 1.49 last month. It's only my 3rd track day and 2nd day at Laguna. I'm sure if you had BBK, you could save a couple of seconds for sure. We're going again on 2/11, maybe 2/18, and 3/4. If you're going any of theses days, please stop by and say hello.
Yeah, definately. With better brakes, I think I'd stay flat out until the #3 brake marker on T2. The first few laps of a session, I can get pretty close. But after that, even the Pagids fade. It forces me to practice my trail braking. Better brakes would help on just about every other turn as well.

I don't think I'll be there on the 11th, but I am signed up for the 18th. I'll definately look for you.
Appreciate 0