View Single Post
      11-07-2012, 02:34 PM   #35
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerkiraios00 View Post
I see.. What about having the offset same as stock?
Why bother getting aftermarket wheels if you are going to replicate stock? Stock offsets are very conservative which is safe if that is your primary objective. Modifying cars is a matter of personal taste. I don't mean to force you down my preferred path. I do however think that you should take advantage of the fact that you are buying a custom wheel that allows you to personalize the specs to your liking. I like the look and performance of wheels / tires that maximize the space available within the M3's wheel arches. That being said, I recommended the wheel sizes / offsets (and tire sizes) that will allow you to do so. My recommendation is based on my personal experience with five different sets of wheels on my M3 sedan (plus experimentation with spacers).

Just look at how perfect my recommended sizes fit on the car in this thread (note that he is using 305's in the rear. I didn't recommend that because you will surely rub. I would stick with 295/30's):
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...9+yokohama+hre
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M

Last edited by slicer; 11-07-2012 at 02:42 PM..
Appreciate 0