02-03-2011, 07:36 AM   #18
joelk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylydiamy View Post
If M does not improve fuel efficiency in the next model, these numbers will keep going down. Having 14-20 mpg is ridiculously low for such an advance car in 21st century. I am one of those who would love to drive an M3 but walked away once I heard the fuel efficiency numbers. On top of it, additional gas guzzler tax does not help either.

I know many of you will be firing at me but turbo is the way to go for performance cars in the future. Although gas price settled for now (still much higher than it was a few years ago), it will keep going up as the demand increases (Chine and India are the main contributers to high demand). And more and more people are becoming more environmentally aware.
QFT - whether i like it or not ... you can't lament the poor sales figures and at the same time stick your head in the sand about the direction of energy costs. I'm gambling that for the next 5 years we won't see all hell break loose on the energy markets ... I can't say it's a safe bet (actually i suspect it's a losing bet), but I've always wanted a n/a m3.

Last edited by joelk; 02-03-2011 at 08:00 AM..
Appreciate 0