View Single Post
      12-19-2011, 04:09 AM   #257
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep
Drives: fat cars are still boats
Location: compensating a fat car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
I read a review (can't find it for the life of me right now) where it said there is actually a decent amount of room between the top of the engine and the hood, approximately 4 inches or so.

If you look at this picture, you can see the engine cover that says "D4-S Boxer" on it doesn't even appear to clear the shock towers. Then when you see how much more space there is above those by looking at the fenders, it seems like they can fit a TMIC if they wanted to:
If you look at the Eaton TVS supercharger mounted in the Evora S you realize that it takes a fair amount of height space. And, since the Toyobaru's intake manifold is necessarily on the top of the engine because of the engine's flat layout, it means that the supercharger would be on the top of the engine also. Despite the decent amount of room between the top of the engine and the hood, I don't think there's enough room for the supercharger plus the intercooler on the top of the engine.

Gladly, the Eaton TVS supercharger was designed without the need for an intercooler.
Appreciate 0