armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtm3 View Post
Yeah, I know it's not the total mileage, but the amount of short trips as well. I guess a commute to work is negated by a 1 mile drive to lunch? That's why I bought the damn battery tender 6 months in, to avoid warranty issues. OH, well. Is the mini-cooper battery a viable option? I have only looked at the braille battery and it seems to have some issues.
I figure if I keep it hooked up to the tender, the mini battery will be fine. There's a thread on it in the DIY section. I think you'll be ok as long as you register the battery and code the car so it knows you are running a smaller battery so it won't over charge it. http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321965. 24 lbs. is a pretty significant weight saving, that along with my Akrapovic exhaust, I'll be saving 75 lbs. Not going to do the rear seat removal or anything that takes away from the functionality of the car. I don't think those Braille batteries are a viable option for daily driving and they don't fit into the car like the mini battery does. I say you go with the mini battery, just make sure you code it.
Appreciate 0