Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbo_3101 View Post
Do you think the initial vibration on your first event was just heat/expansion of OEM components?
Yeah, I think so. Around town, the brakes would not vibrate or shake in any way. But once they heated up, it was shake city right away----not one single shake-free lap after the warmup lap. Once the blower was on the car, it was a bit tough to run into a dealership and ask for warranty on the rotors......I've heard that dealers will warranty the rotors once, as a courtesy. But in my case, I didn't think it was realistic.

The AP kit for me has completely solved ANY issue regarding braking---in every way. And I always stress this point when talking to people about brakes----don't mess around with brake fluids. Get Castrol SRF and don't mess around. Just last weekend at Laguna Seca, there was a guy with an E90 M3, AP Kit, Endless Pads, and.....Motul......and he was complaining that his brake pedal was getting mushy. Endless are good pads. But Laguna Seca is a sneaky track. It's so smooth and nice, that you don't realize how much you're pounding your brakes. But you DO work your brakes over very hard at that track. His Motul just wasn't holding up and he was boiling the fluid-----LAME. People say, "oh SRF is way too expensive...." No it's not. You can find it online for $56 liter, and it lasts a LONG time-----way longer than Motul. People say they change Motul every 6 track events to keep the pedal feel consistent. I can go 20 with SRF. So the cost more than evens out. It might even be cheaper to run SRF in the long run. And seriously----someone drops $6k+ on a BBK and now they're looking to save $50 on brake fluid???

I know I'm preaching here, but people like to fight me on this one. I will tell you this. There's three of us guys locally here who track and have AP kits E90 M3's. Two of us have SRF, the third has some other fluid. The two of us that have SRF never talk about the brake pedal feel. It's always consistent. The third guy, talks about the pedal getting a little soft, but it recovers pretty quickly......WHO WANTS THAT!!?????
Appreciate 0