View Single Post
      07-09-2011, 10:01 PM   #14
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
Go ahead and call anyone who isn't an e9x M3 driver a troll. That's a fanboy's prerogative. But the OP speaks the truth.

You all just keep on reading magazines and quoting specs. I owned an e46 M3 and am on my second e90 M3. No doubt the e9x M3s are better cars than the e46 M3s. However, they are bland and nowhere near as engaging as the e46 was. After both are obsolete (not too far into the future, BTW) it will be the damned fun e46 that collectors will want not the generic e9x.
A Ferari 355 is much more raw than a 360 and a 360 is much more raw than a 458. The 458 is probably one of Ferraris best cars ever. Get the point?

It's called progressive refinement. More raw does not equal better. I can see how one can feel nostalgic about an e46 m3, but it is no comparison to an e9x series. An e92 is many times over more refined, uses better materials inside and out, is faster in a straight line, on a track, brakes better, is a better DD, looks more aggressive yet sophisticated, is more reliable and by BMWs own admission, the best m3 they have ever developed. The engine alone is a crown jewel of BMW engineering.

-SZ
Appreciate 0